• Facebook Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • YouTube

How many sessions will I need?

How many sessions you have will depend on your circumstances and the reason for which you are seeking our help. Some issues may only require one session however other issues may better suit a longer-term approach with regular weekly, fort-nightly or monthly sessions. We will discuss duration with you when you first come in, and will be flexible when it comes to decreasing or extending the number of sessions to correlate with your progress and needs.

How long is a session and how much does a session cost?

Take a look at our Working with us page. We offer free 15 minute, phone consultations. Each of our sessions take an hour to complete and the cost of this time is $130 and $90 per 60 mins for subsequent sessions.

Payment can be made in cash or via bank deposit 

What will happen in my sessions?

Each of your sessions will be different, we shape the sessions specifically to your individual needs. First we will have a bit of a chat about what is going on for you and how we can help. We then use a mixture of hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming, visualisation techniques, energy psychology, power of attraction and universal law with some other things thrown in too! But don't worry too much about that, just know that we know how to help you feel better!

What is hypnosis like?

Most people experience some form of hypnotic state everyday. Have you ever been driving, reached your destination and wondered how you got there? That is a form of hypnotic trance. Some people experience trance when they are 'in the zone' playing sports or are completely engrossed in a pass time they love. 

Will I fall asleep?

No, although you will be in a very relaxed state you will not be asleep.

Will I know whats going on in hypnosis?

Yes throughout hypnosis you are aware of what is going on around you. A hypnotherapist cannot ask you to do anything you would not normally do in a fully awake state. In other words your moral compass is still intact.

How does hypnosis work?

Your brain is made up of 10% conscious mind, which is the part you think with everyday and make decisions with. The other 90% is the sub-conscious mind, that holds all of the programs to run your body, and all of the past 'conditioning' that has made you who you are today. With hypnotherapy we are able to relax the conscious mind and create a narrow mental focus to make suggestions straight into the sub - conscious mind to either change previous patterns or beliefs to achieve the desired outcome. 

Can you make me do something I don't want too? 
The short answer is no, and nothing like that will happen in any of our sessions because we use hypnosis very ethically. If we use hypnosis with you, you will be sitting in a chair the whole time you are in a trance state. 

What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming?

NLP is a set of language and sensory based interventions and behavior-modification techniques designed to help improve your self-awareness, confidence, communication skills, and social actions. The goals of NLP are to help you to understand that the way you view the world affects how you operate in the world, and that it is necessary to change the thoughts and behavior patterns that have not proven beneficial in the past and that have only served to block your healing and success.

Is my session confidential and private?

Yes we take your privacy very seriously at The Mind Clinic. All of your sessions, notes, identity and personal information is kept confidential. 

 

Please contact us if you have further inquiries or would like to make a booking.

TMCNZ also offer a mobile service (criteria applies) 

Contact us  to find out more. 

Contact Information Paul

 021331485

email: themindclinicnz@gmail.com

Contact Information Taryn

 0212634690

email: themindclinicnz@gmail.com

Like, Share and e-mail

I sought Taryn’s help to minimise a habit of mine that has continued for five years, leaving me very unhappy. Right from the start, Taryn provided a safe and comfortable environment. Her soft spoken tone made me feel relaxed and gave me the ability to enter a hypnosis state to rewire my brain. After one session my habit has disappeared! I never thought that would be possible and I can’t thank Taryn enough. She has allowed me to feel a lot more happier and confident again!

   - Christina

Your blueprint for life